Jacqueline, EP-C, CET, CPT, CMES
Jacqueline Sinke – President and Business Owner
Jacqueline has been a certified health and fitness professional since 1992 and has over 25 years of experience. She specializes in exercise program development and exercise training mature adults, active agers, and seniors (40 to 97+ years) to achieve and maintain optimal function, health, and fitness.
Jacqueline launched Fitness & Function in 2003 and manages the business providing in-home health, fitness and wellness services. Fitness & Function services bridges a gap between clinical and community fitness, wellness and senior care. She is an authorized provider for the Stay Well At Home program and serves as a Subject Matter Expert on the Exam Editing Committee for the American Council on Exercise(ACE) Personal Trainer and the (ACE) Medical Exercise Specialist exams. Jacqueline is the first fitness professional in Oregon to become FallProof Certified (California State University-Fullerton, Gerokinesiology Department)
Jacqueline has been a frequent speaker promoting the benefits of exercise for older adults senior groups and related organizations such as the 2015 Western Regional Geriatrics Care Manager’s Conference, 2017 Annual State of Oregon Long-Term Care Ombudsman meeting, the 2016 launching of Viva Village NW, THPRD Health Fairs and quarterly wellness series seminars, Lake Oswego Adult Center, Rose Schnitzer Manor and other local assisted living and independent living facilities, and for the NW Bicycle Safety Council.
She is also an instructor for American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED courses and provides this to local businesses, individuals and families. In the past she instructed first aid, CPR, AED training for the American Council on Exercise qualifying fitness professionals, and instructed classes for the American Heart Association-Headquarters Dallas TX.
Jacqueline developed the term ‘Home Fitness Care’, a unique service for senior older adults that provides targeted and therapeutic exercise and interventions on a long-term basis aimed to restore and optimize physical function with the goal of remaining functionally independent at home for as long as possible.
Contact Jacqueline: Jacqueline@fitnessandfunction.com
Jacqueline has been an active volunteer for the NW Bicycle Safety Council over 10 years and serves on the Executive Board as the Fitness Expert, in the past she has served as the treasurer and served on the Advisory Board. Jacqueline has made several TV appearances on the Cycology Today show as the fitness expert.
- Certified Delay The Disease Parkinson’s Exercise instructor (OhioHealth) (October 2017)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (American College of Sports Medicine)(since 1993)
- Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer (American College of Sports Medicine and American Cancer Society ACSM/ACS) (August 2010)
- Gold Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (American Council on Exercise)(2015)
- Gold Certified Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist (American Council on Exercise)(since 2007)
- Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist (American Council on Exercise)(2007)
- Certified Personal Trainer (American Council on Exercise)(since 1992)
- Certified AHA Heartsaver Instructor (American Heart Association) and American Heart Association National Center employee also teaching for AHA HeartQuarter
- Certified FallProof™ Balance and Mobility Specialist Instructor (July 2011) from California State University-Fullerton, Gerokinesiology Department-Center for Successful Aging.
- Stepping On Falls Prevention Workshop Leader (February 2014) (Oregon Health Authority)
- TRX Sports Medicine Qualified Instructor(April 2014)
- TRX Suspension Training Qualified Instructor (April 2013)
- AASDN Certified Nutrition Specialist (American Academy of Sports Dieticians and Nutritionists)(2009)
- ANWA Certified Nordic Walking Instructor-Advanced Level (February 2015)
- Recognized IDEA Master Personal Trainer IDEA Health & Fitness Association (since 2004)
- AA Gerontology (PCC)
- Subject Matter Expert for ACE’s Medical Fitness Specialist exam (since 2014)
- First Aid, CPR and AED Heartsaver Intstructor for the American Heart Association HeartQuarter
- American Heart Association Heartsaver Instructor for the American Council on Exercise providing lifesaving courses for fitness professionals
- Jacqueline started her health and fitness career in Honolulu Hawaii where she supervised a corporate fitness center; provided personal training at the Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe Bay for retired military and family members of active duty military personnel.
- Instructed exercise training for research programs under Wayne Westcott PhD which included kids, teens, athletes, older adults and individuals with specific medical conditions. She trained new staff, supervised the fitness center, assisted Dr. Wayne Westcott with the 1996 IDEA Pre-Conference on high intensity strength training techniques for fitness professionals, developed free-weight exercise training programs for women only.
- Jacqueline instructed fitness classes and provided personal fitness training to active duty, retired military and DoD personnel at NAS South Weymouth. In 1997 she received the “Support Personnel Award” from the Greater Boston Federal Executive Board in recognition of and appreciation for outstanding contributions to the Federal Government.
- After she moved to Portland Oregon in 1998 Jacqueline developed functional fitness programs for 16 assisted and independent living facilities, performed staff training and quality assurance assessments.
- In 2004 Jacqueline was recognized as an IDEA Master Personal Fitness Trainer
Awards and recognition:
- In 2000, Jacqueline received honorable mention in the NuStep Pinnacle Award for developing older adult programs that go above and beyond the standard wellness programs offered.
- Jacqueline developed the “LEAP Fall Reduction and Prevention Training workshop” which was in 2003 accepted by Oregon Department of Human Services for continued education credits for adult foster home providers.
- In 1997 she received the “Support Personnel Award” from the Greater Boston Federal Executive Board in recognition and appreciation for outstanding contributions to the federal government.
- IDEA – International Association of Fitness Professionals
- NWBSC – NW Bicycle Safety Council- Executive Board Member and Fitness Expert